WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
This year’s election, to be held on Tuesday, November 7, will decide our next Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, and all 100 members of the Virginia House of Delegates in the Virginia General Assembly. All of these offices will have a substantial impact on Fairfax County and will the set the future direction of our State.
- Register or Update Your Registration Online by Mon. Oct.16, 2017. Register or update your registration and/or find your polling place at www.vote.virginia.gov since your polling place might have changed.
- Vote Early at a Convenient Time for You – Many Virginians qualify to vote early based on one of the reasons listed at fairfaxdemocrats.org/voting.
- You can vote early (also known as in-person absentee voting) at the Fairfax County Government Center beginning on Sept. 22 and ending Nov. 4, the Sat. before Election Day.
- Or go to any of the nine satellite locations throughout the County on weekdays from Oct 16 through Nov. 3 (3:30pm to 7pm) and on Saturdays from Sept. 30 through Nov. 4 (9am-5pm).
The satellite locations are as follows:
- Franconia Govt. Ctr., 6121 Franconia Rd, Alexandria
- McLean Govt. Ctr., 1437 Balls Hill Rd., McLean
- North Co. Govt. Ctr., 1801 Cameron Glen Dr., Reston
- West Springfield Govt. Ctr., 6140 Rolling Rd., Springfield
- Mason Govt. Ctr., 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale
- Mt. Vernon Govt. Ctr., 2511 Parkers Lane, Alexandria
- Sully District Govt. Ctr., 4900 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly
- Providence Comm. Ctr., 3001 Vaden Dr., Fairfax
- Lorton Library, 9520 Richmond Hwy., Lorton
- Bring Your Photo ID, such as your valid Virginia driver’s license and the last 4 digits of your social security no. before Election Day. If you do not have an acceptable photo ID, you can obtain a free ID at early voting offices (and vote early on the same trip). No documents needed – just swear to your identity.
- If you cannot vote in-person, you may apply online for an absentee ballot at democraticabsentee.com If you have a valid VA driver’s license, everything can be completed online. Otherwise, print out the form, sign it, and mail it as instructed on the form. (It must be received by Oct. 31 so leave adequate time for delivery).
- On Election Day Nov. 7, vote at your designated polling place only; polls will be open from 6am to 7pm. Look up your polling place at www.vote.virginia.gov. as it might have changed. Bring your valid photo ID.
For details on all of the above, see fairfaxdemocrats.org/voting or contact the
Fairfax County Board of Elections at 703-222-0776
Voting Information for Nearby Counties and Cities – Early voting begins
Sept. 22. See websites for hours and other locations.
- Loudoun County – loudoun.gov/vote – 703-777-0380 – Voter Reg Office, 750 Miller Dr., other times at Cascades Sr. Ctr., Sterling; Dulles South Multipurpose Ctr., South Riding
- Fairfax City – fairfaxva.gov – 703-385-7890 – Sisson House (next to City Hall), 10455 Armstrong St.
- Alexandria City – alexandria.gov – 703-746-4050 – Govt. Center, 132 N. Royal St., other times at Beatley Library
- Arlington – vote.arlingtonva.us – 703-228-3456, Courthouse Plaza, 2100 Clarendon Blvd., other locations
- Falls Church City – fallschurchva.gov – 703-248-5085, City Hall, 300 Park Ave.
- Prince William County – pwcvotes.com – 703792-6470, Main Office, 9250 Lee Ave.; DMW, 2731 Caton Hill Rd.